By Simonbook - 02 Feb 2015 in
Dreamweaver - sigh.
Anyone who uses it will understand what the "sigh" is for. It's not an endearing sigh like the ones you might produce thinking back on happy times, oh no - not even close.
Before I begin my scathing evaluation of Adobe Dreamweaver, you may be wondering, if Simon is about to roast the shit out of this editor, then why keep using it? - I'm looking into that now.
- When it works, it works well, actually it's quite intuitive.
- It handles Coldfusion files well (which I use).
- It has a green splash screen.
- Pft. Who am I kidding...
- Opens then closes - you have to delete user settings, and do a registry fix.
- Open a file from FTP too soon after another one - wait 5-10 mins.
- Casual edit, no problem - actual work or something urgent - wait 10 mins.
- Open a file and click somewhere to start - wait 10 mins.
- Do anything - Not responding - wait forever. Click while waiting - kill laptop.
- Try and close it - nope. You opened it, that's it motherfucker.
- Try and crash it on purpose to show someone how shitty it is - works fine.
- Apps on Adobes NoFix list: 1.Dreamweaver CS5.5
Never in my computing life have I ever wanted to throw computer hardware out a window for the sake of software. I've clenched my fists in anger so much using Dreamweaver that my forearms are gaining strength - one day I will use this extra strength to attempt to punch a hole clean through my screen.